We’re proud to offer one of the first comprehensive final drive (diff) ratio swap packages for the BRZ/86. We reckon this is one of the best and most noticeable modifications you can do.
We presently offer two ratios: 4.56:1 or 3.73:1
The 4.56:1 Final drive ratio swap is the best option for those who wish to keep their modifications naturally aspirated. This gearing represents a net 11% increase of torque to the wheels over the (Australian) standard 4.1:1 ratio, regardless of other engine modifications, across the entire RPM range. No other modification comes close to the return you get for this kind of money.
The 3.73:1 ratio is for forced induction applications. Lengthening the final drive ratio makes use of the added torque spread that your supercharger or turbo brings, and matches the characteristics of a force induced engine to your BRZ or 86. We strongly recommend opting for the “complete Neat” package to take advantage of our unique strengthening processes which will ensure reliable running with forced induction applications.
Essentially we offer two options.
The “Standard” kit is anything but basic; it is an exacting factory-spec swap. We rebuild your diff to exact factory tolerances – no shortcuts. We check and adjust mesh pattern and assemble in our dedicated clean room just like all of our gearboxes and diffs. Here’s what’s included:
(All parts genuine Toyota/Subaru):
- Brand new crown wheel and pinion in a ratio of your choice (4.56:1 or 3.73:1)
- Front and rear pinion bearings
- Crush tube
- Pinion nut
- Pinion shim
- Crown wheel fasteners and lock tabs
- Chemical clean components
- Set pinion depth and mesh pattern
- Reassemble to factory specs
Price: $1,499 (3.73:1) / $1,749 (4.56:1)
The “Complete Neat” package is a bundle of all of our tricks and improvement processes in one complete package. Our unique processes yield stronger and more reliable drivetrain components. All processes are completed in-house so we control the quality. Here’s what we include:
- Everything in the “Standard” kit, plus:
- Side carrier bearings and seals
- 2 x Dimple magnetic plugs (1 x fill and 1 x drain) to keep your oil free of contaminants
- Custom solid pinion spacer machined to suit each unique housing. This eliminates the factory crush tube which can distort under extreme loads causing catastrophic diff failure.
- Shot peen gear set using SAE-J2441 guidelines – 30% increase in fatigue resistance
- Isotropic Super-Finish (REM/ISF) gear set – 5 degrees Celcius temperature reduction, friction reduction and further improved fatigue resistance.
- Bead blast housing
- Baked Thermal dispersant coating on cast iron housing to further assist temperature control
Price: $2,349 (3.73:1) / $2,599 (4.56:1)
Check out http://www.neatgearboxes.com.au to find out more about our unique set of services. Interstate and overseas shipping can be arranged at very competitive rates. Prices include 10% GST – international customers are exempt from this charge.